Hello, I just opened the storybox

Hi To You,

I think I should start with a confession: I am a budding writer, who loves to start new stories. You could say that my Muse is unreliable always enticing me to start something new. In my computer I have fantasies, Sci-Fis, crime stories in their separate folders, there is a pile of unfinished novels and ready to correct short stories, fanfictions, and oh, I did not even mentioned my very own story box with all kinds of paper sheets with old ideas in the bottom of my shelf. It is a nice, big cardboard box, many things fits in it. There are some stored ideas for my crime stories, interesting articles, quickly written fragments of ideas, all kinds of goodies. I think I do not need to explain after that, how I selected the name of my blog, right?

What should I say about myself? Well, first I will just finish translating my Hungarian blog because since my first blogpost in Hungarian there was some changes in my life. I just finished Finno-Ugric studies in Debrecen after three years, not two, since I wanted to spend two semesters in Finland. I finished Hungarian Studies before, but I did not start to write in the university. I was interested about writing since I was 13. As every 7th grade student, I had lot of free time and I wrote a fantasy novel. Yes, I actually finished the novel, but I will not translate and post it, since I would have too much work with it. Besides, I have so many new ideas! Why should I stick to the old stories? As for why I started this translation: right now I translate from English to Hungarian a lot (for Global Voices), and I felt like translating from Hungarian as well.

As I mentioned before, I have a Hungarian blog with my stories. I started to upload my stories after a Creative Writing Training with Rita Vidi. In the English version of my blog I will mainly translate my stories to you, but I might post original English short stories as well. I will not follow the order of my original blog, but select the new translation randomly… it’s more interesting that way.

Have fun reading my stories.

Yours,

Zsuzsi, but you can use other variations of my names (like Susy or Susane) as well

Comments